Sick and tired of being sick and tired?
Constantly feel like shit?
Whether it is due to:
- Mental health issues
- Digestive issues
- Never-ending cold
- All of the above
- Other causes
It’s frustrating to live life feeling run down. Life becomes daunting. You feel defeated by your own body, betrayed. Events in your life that should be fun like hanging out with friends can start to seem like a chore. How are you supposed to have fun when you don’t have the energy or right mindset for it?
The good news…
You have the ability to take control of your health and get your life back!
How we treat our bodies and what we put into them matters. This is how we achieve and maintain health. Feeling healthy takes hard work and sacrifice.
Our bodies are made of nutrients and run on nutrients. Nutrients are our bodies currency. The foods we eat either have nutrients that can contribute to our good health, or they can be devoid of nutrients. Foods that are devoid of nutrients cause stress in our bodies. When we have more stress then our bodies can handle our health deteriorates. This is why healthy eating is so important. This is the power of heathy eating.
Focus on good quality food
- Organic is best. It will likely have a higher nutrient content and won’t be riddled with pesticides.
- Growing your food is the best way to guarantee your food is high in nutrients and devoid of unwanted chemicals.
- Oil should be stored in dark glass bottles and ALWAYS be cold pressed. (Also known as expeller pressed.)
- Vegetable oils are not healthy. Always avoid them. Substitute Avocado Oil and/or Extra Virgin Olive Oil, these fruit-based oils are healthy alternatives.
- Animal fats should come from grass fed and/or pasture raised animals.
- Ethically raised meat is a must. Meats should be pasture raised and/or grass fed. A happy, healthy, animal will nurture and contribute to your good health. When you buy conventionally raised meats, you are supporting the mistreatment of animals. These animals are in poor health and when you eat them, will negatively impact your health.
- Use good salt.
- Himalayan, and sea salt are good options. Iodized salt contributes to blood pressure issues and creates mineral imbalances in your body.
Properly prepare your food
- When cooking on medium to high heat use saturated fats. These are the most heat stable fats. Other fats are more heat sensitive. This means they will turn rancid if exposed to heat. They are best used cold.
- Soak, sprout, or ferment nuts, seeds, and legumes.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Use glass water bottles
- Filter your water to ensure its good quality
Eat mostly whole foods
- Processed foods are typically devoid of nutrients and/or altered in a way that makes them less nourishing to your body.
- Eating whole foods ensures a high nutrient diet that ALL bodies need.
- When you eat your food, it should easily resemble what it looked like when it was harvested.
Focus on consistency
- You need to be consistently eating good foods to heal. When your health isn’t doing well it is even more imperative to avoid any processed food and eat a whole food diet. You need to use food as your medicine.
- That includes “healthy” chips, noodles, etc. These are still processed foods.
Stay away from refined or denatured foods
- Bread, pasta, chips, crackers, sweets, frozen meals, and snack bars.
Avoid additives and preservatives
- Check ingredient labels to make sure there are no additives or preservatives.
- If you can’t pronounce it then chances are you shouldn’t eat it!
If you want more guidance on what a healthy diet looks like and how to implement one, I highly recommend the foundations of healthy eating online course.
Healing takes time
Sometimes it can be hard to keep your eye on the prize. Ever tried to eat healthy, yet still felt like crap…so then you figure you might as well indulge in your favorite foods, because either way you’re going to feel bad? If this is the case, then you haven’t found the RIGHT diet for YOU. Don’t give up! Enlist some help. Working with a qualified practitioner may be necessary.
No food tastes as good as feeling healthy feels.
When you start eating the right foods for your body you will notice how fueling your body with the right foods will make you feel good and they will taste good as well. The healthier you eat, the better healthy foods taste. Healthy foods can taste good, AND they nourish your body.
Unfortunately, when trying to regain health, maintaining a strict diet is sometimes necessary. Especially if you have multiple chronic health issues. This is because your body is under too much stress. Stress in the body causes a breakdown in your health. In order to heal, we must eliminate as many stressors as possible. This allows your body to switch from a state of degradation to one of repair. When you have a handful of chips for instance, they cause stress in your body. Because your body is already too stressed, indulging will derail you more than a healthy person whose body is capable of handling small stressors. The good news is usually once you heal your body you can indulge every now and then and still maintain your good health. Balance is key.
You don’t have to feel sick and tired forever. You can start taking control of your health narrative today.