8 ways to get your energy back
Energy allows us to live life. When you are zapped of your energy it’s hard to accomplish things. This can be extremely frustrating. It’s not that you’re unmotivated. It’s that you lack the energy to turn your plans into action.
I used to take my energy levels for granted. Once I became ill and bedridden I started to appreciate how invaluable energy is. That’s when I realized how much energy you need just to lay down and rest. I was fighting to regain my energy while just laying down. Prior to my health issues I could rest to regain my energy.
Energy also allows us to enjoy life’s pleasures. A birthday party may sound daunting to someone zapped of energy when it should be a fun occasion.
But enough about how much fatigue sucks! I’m sure you already know this and is why you are reading this blog. Let’s get to the good stuff.
How to boost your energy levels:
- Reduced energy levels are a sign of dehydration. Your body is made mostly of water. It’s a nutrient your body needs a lot of. So even being slightly dehydrated can negatively impact your energy.
- To see how much water you should be drinking daily, click here.
- Certain essential oils can have a stimulating effect on the body and therefore increase your energy levels.
- Peppermint essential oil is a common one that you can use topically to enhance energy.
- Exercise may seem counterintuitive however long term it increases energy levels. It allows more oxygen and nutrients to get into our bodies cells. This allows our bodies to work more efficiently and increase energy levels.
- Consistency is key. Starting with even 10 minutes a day can be beneficial.
- Teas are a great way to boost your energy levels naturally.
- Good options include:
- Green tea
- White tea
- Black tea
- Rooibos tea
- Getting enough QUALITY sleep is crucial for optimal energy levels. Quality sleep ensures your body has restored for the following day. Getting enough sleep is also important. Try to shoot for 8 hours.
- Sleep tips:
- Use lavender essential oil topically on your temples.
- Use magnesium spray on the bottoms of your feet.
- For more tips click here.
Energy Boosting Foods
- Nutrients are your body’s currency. The more nutrients consumed, the more energy you will have at your disposal. Furthermore, certain nutrients are more stimulating and enhance energy levels like certain B vitamins.
- Foods to add in daily:
- Chia seeds
- Darky leafy greens
- Nutritional Yeast
Energy Boosting Herbs
- These herbs can be particularly helpful is your prone to stress, as stress depletes your body of energy.
- Holy Basil
Avoid Energy Draining Foods
- Your body is made of nutrients and runs on nutrients. So, when you eat foods that are devoid of nutrients or that drain your body of nutrients, then your energy levels tank. You’re not giving your body enough nutrients to produce adequate levels of ATP (what your body uses for energy) AND you are also allocating nutrients to process these nutrient devoid foods instead of using said nutrients to make energy.
- Foods that can drain you of your energy are:
- Processed foods
- Often contain unwanted additives that contain no nutritional value and are refined.
- There are some health processed foods like peanut butter. However, you must read the ingredient labels and make sure you recognize every ingredient. Peanut butter should only contain peanuts and unrefined salt.
- Refined foods
- These foods are denatured and often as a result are stripped of their nutritional values.
- Bread, chips, pretzels.
- Artificial ingredients
- Colors/food dyes
- High fructose corn syrup
- Artificial flavors
- Potassium Bromate
- Soy lecithin
- Rancid oils
- Canola oil
- Any vegetable oils
- Hydrogenated oils
- Refined oils
- Processed foods
If you still experience fatigue after implementing these changes then working with a doctor or qualified practitioner might be necessary. Certain conditions like thyroid issues, medications and other factors can cause fatigue and should be addressed accordingly.
In conclusion fatigue sucks, energy rules! By using the power of food, you can increase your energy levels and feel ready to conquer and enjoy each day.
For a free healthy swap handout, click here.